Hi, I’m currently putting together some simple and tangible instructions to my next of kin in the event of my untimely demise. The tentative plan so far is for a secular funeral (i.e. a body-present ceremony, not in a church) presided over by a humanist celebrant from the Malta Humanist Association.
* Are there any funeral directors that you’ve used or plan to use? Would they take care of the entire proceedings (flowers/transport of body/burial)?
* Are there are sanctioned places for civil funerals and if so, where can I access a list?
* What is the normal budget for a funeral in Malta?
* I would like to be buried rather than cremated. I am baptised but what are my options for burial if I don’t want to be buried in the Catholic cemetery? I’ve looked into burial at sea but it’s too expensive for me.
* My ideal situation is burial in a shroud (no coffin). Is this legal at all?
* I have a Maltese passport. How do I pre-arrange for repatriation / what is the protocol for repatriation if I happen to die overseas?
Other advice appreciated, thanks in advance 🙂